Workplace Wellness Awards
The Cerro Gordo County Department of Public Health, in partnership with the Mason City Chamber of Commerce and the Mason City Healthy Hometown Wellness Committee, is holding the third annual Workplace Wellness Award and Recognition program. This program is offered to local employers who engage in and encourage workplace wellness initiatives. The award program aims to recognize businesses who dedicate time and resources in providing their employees a work environment that supports health and well-being.
2018 Diamond Award Winner:
Silver Award Level:
Bronze Award Level:
- Mason City Chamber of Commerce
Schedule your nutrition consultation and InBody Analyzer scan with our Public Health Dietitian, Katelyn Nicholson, today!
- $40 – Nutrition coaching + InBody scan with analysis (60 min)
- $20 – InBody scan with analysis (30 min)
- $10 – InBody Rescan with analysis (15 min)
The InBody provides a glimpse of overall health status by measuring:
- Body fat percentage and total fat mass
- Lean mass & how it’s distributed in your body
- Inflammatory status
- Weight, BMI, & estimated resting metabolic rate (number of calories burned in a day at rest)
Our Health Promotion staff offer a unique set of Employee Wellness services and resources to local businesses and organizations. Contact the Health Promotion staff at 641-421-9312 to learn how they can assist you in Worksite Wellness programming, or explore the many tools below.
Click Here! for a brochure of all of our Worksite Wellness Services!
- Starting an Employee Wellness Program
- Resources for Employee Wellness Programs
- Healthy Team Challenges: Wellness programs that provide team and individual competition are excellent motivators to initiate and sustain healthy employee behaviors.
- Awareness posters are effective and inexpensive ways to educate your employees on important health issues.
- A collection of active and eating smart tools for building your worksite wellness program.
- Screening and Education Services for Employee Wellness Program:
- Biometric Screenings
- $30 Biometric Health Screening (Lipid panel, blood sugar, blood pressure)
- On-site service; Instant results; Client education
- Fitness & Nutrition Coaching
- $30 Fitness Assessment (Cardio, strength, Body Composition Testing)
- Exercise planning sessions: $30/session
- Nutrition Consultation: $40/session
- Health Education Classes on:
- Food safety
- Tobacco Cessation
- Chronic Diseases (Heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
- Environmental health safety
- and much more!
- Quarterly Wellness Newsletters (Examples)
- Tobacco Free Worksites
- Cigarette smoking remains the leading preventable cause of death in the United States
- Cigarette smoking is responsible for about one out of every five deaths
- An American Productivity Audit found that tobacco use was a leading cause of worker lost production time…more than alcohol abuse or family emergencies
Research continues to show the benefits of smoke-free and tobacco-free worksite policies:
- Increased quit rates
- Reduced daily cigarette consumption among continuing smokers
- Reduced risks of chronic diseases associated with tobacco use (and related health care costs)
- Demostrates consistent pro-health message
- Projects positive image for worksite
In addition, smoke-free and tobacco-free worksites policies protect nonsmokers from secondhand smoke.
Steps to Adopting a Tobacco-Free Policy:
- Assess needs and interests
- Plan and draft policyWe can also offer the Freedom From Smoking course in your workplace!
- Host a Freedom From Smoking clinic in your workplace for FREE!
Contact Penny for assistance in adopting, promoting and enforcing Smoke-Free or Tobacco-Free policies in your worksite, 641-421-9329 or email@example.com
L.E.A.N. Workshops (Lifestyle, Exercise, And Nutrition)
L.E.A.N. Start Workshops are designed to teach healthy lifestyle skills to families and caregivers of young children.
- Session 1: Traffic Light Eating
- Session 2: Fuels for Growing (Fat, Carbs, Protein, Water)
- Session 3: Play and Grow
L.E.A.N. Essential Workshop is a 2-hour condensed nutrition workshop featuring highlights from the L.E.A.N. Start series.
L.E.A.N. Expectations Workshop is a 2-hour workshop designed for expecting and new mothers, equipping them with skills and resources to enjoy a healthy lifestyle during and after pregnancy.
LET’S MOVE! Healthy Strategies Workshops are 2-hour workshops built for childcare providers, equipping participants with strategies to improve the childcare environment to foster healthy growing and development of children.
- Better Nutrition
- More Physical Activity
- Reduced Screen Time
- Accommodating Breastfed Babies
To schedule a workshop for your family, childcare staff, or group, please contact Kelli at 641-421-9312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Most classes are FREE of charge.)