Is Your Home Safe?The Healthy Homes Repair Program can help! Focusing on Radon testing and mitigation, general home repairs, electrical work, plumbing, new paint, and more!
Apply Today!The Cerro Gordo County Healthy Homes Repair program aims to help homeowners with disabilities and homeowners who are 62 years of age or older take control of their homes to make them safe, healthy, and beautiful. As long as you meet three simple guidelines you are eligible!
- The home must be located in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa.
- The homeowner must be 62 years of age or older or on disability.
- You must meet income guidelines (pictured left)
- Please note, mobile homes are not eligible for this program.
- Print off the application and fill it out completely. Please make sure that you select the correct application. If you are a homeowner living in the home you own, click on “Homeowner Application.” If you are a tenant or landlord, please use the “Rental Application.” If you do not have a printer available, please call 641-421-9301 and request a paper copy of the application.
- Gather ALL the required information and items listed on page 3 of the application. All items must be gathered and submitted with an application before it is considered for the program.
- Submit your application. This can be mailed to or dropped off at CG Public Health, 2570 4th St. SW, Mason City, IA 50401 (next door to Hobby Lobby). Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, where there is someone available to answer questions and/or receive applications.
- After we receive your application and required information, we will confirm your qualifications and contact you as soon as possible about the next steps.