CG Public Health received national accreditation from the Public Health Accreditation Board in February 2018. Accreditation will better protect and improve the health of Cerro Gordo County residents by advancing the quality and performance of our organization.
What does Accreditation mean?
CG Public Health is following national criteria that require us to meet several standards for quality services and activities and to ensure our citizens receive a specific set of services. Program performance measures are already in place and are reviewed by the Health Department staff regularly. Learn more about the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB).
Public health accreditation standards have a sharp focus on 2 ideals:
- Health Departments should deliver the 10 essential public health services to their communities.
- Health Departments should foster a culture of quality improvement within their organizations.
The benefits of accreditation include:
- A means for identifying performance improvement opportunities.
- Enhanced capacity to manage our resources.
- Opportunities to develop leadership at all levels.
- Stronger relationships with members of our community.
For more information on our PHAB Accreditation, contact Alyse DeVries at 641-421-9328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.