To take our Prediabetes Screening Test, Click Here!
Registration for January classes is NOW OPEN!
To save your seat, please Click Here!
What is the Diabetes Prevention Program?
- *FREE structured weight-loss program provided by a registered dietitian, certified fitness trainer, and/or registered nurse.
- A $100 refundable deposit* will be required upon time of enrollment.
- You will learn how to grocery shop on a budget, gain FREE access to the Health Department’s fitness center, and meet people for support on your weight loss journey.
- Click Here! for more information on the program and eligibility details.
Who is eligible?
- Persons 18 years of age or older AND overweight
- Women previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
- Anyone who’s had a blood test indicating pre-diabetes.
Must be 18 years of age or older and not already diagnosed with diabetes to participate.
When and where are classes held?
- Classes will be held weekly for six months, followed by six monthly maintenance sessions to assist with maintaining lifestyle changes.
(1 year program.)
- Classes will be held at:
- CG Public Health – 2570 4th St SW, Mason City
- Mason City Family YMCA – 1840 S Monroe Ave., Mason City
POST-Core Diabetes Prevention Sessions (Monthly Maintenance Sessions):
- Classes will be held monthly for six months.
The program is partially funded by Mercy Medical Center North Iowa.