ISOLATION GUIDANCE FOR IOWANS:
- Health Department Asking Community for Thermometer Donations (3/26/20) pdf
- Additional Closures Added to Governor Reynolds Proclamation (3/22/20) pdf
- Health Department Urges Businesses to Follow Governor's Directive (3/21/20) pdf
- Health Department Confirms First Case of COVID-19 in Cerro Gordo Country (3/21/20) pdf
- Volunteer and Assistance Information for Those Affected by COVID-19 (3/19/20) pdf
- Health Department Provides Guidance for Childcare Centers (3/15/20): pdf
- Health Department Mass Gathering Recommendations for COVID-19(3/14/20): pdf
- Cerro Gordo County to Open Call Center for COVID-19 (3/11/20) pdf
- Cerro Gordo County Prepares for COVID-19 (2/28/20) pdf
A novel (new) coronavirus was detected in thousands of people worldwide and continues to spread. The infection, called COVID-19, can be spread from person to person. Symptoms are fever, cough and shortness of breath/difficulty breathing. Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure. There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for COVID-19 at this time. The most important things to do are:
- Avoid contact with people who are ill.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay at home and practice social distancing.
Please reference the tools listed below for more specific information: