Schedule your one-on-one or group nutrition consultation with our Public Health Dietitian, Katelyn Nicholson, today!
- Individual Nutrition Consultation
- $40 for 1 hour or $25 for 30 minutes
- Group Nutrition Consultation
L.E.A.N. Workshops (Lifestyle, Exercise, And Nutrition)
L.E.A.N. Start Workshops are designed to teach healthy lifestyle skills to families and caregivers of young children.
- Session 1: Traffic Light Eating
- Session 2: Fuels for Growing (Fat, Carbs, Protein, Water)
- Session 3: Play and Grow
L.E.A.N. Essential Workshop is a 2-hour condensed nutrition workshop featuring highlights from the L.E.A.N. Start series.
L.E.A.N. Expectations Workshop is a 2-hour workshop designed for expecting and new mothers, equipping them with skills and resources to enjoy a healthy lifestyle during and after pregnancy.
LET’S MOVE! Healthy Strategies Workshops are 2-hour workshops built for childcare providers, equipping participants with strategies to improve the childcare environment to foster healthy growing and development of children.
- Better Nutrition
- More Physical Activity
- Reduced Screen Time
- Accommodating Breastfed Babies
To schedule a workshop for your family, childcare staff, or group, please contact Kelli at 641-421-9312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Most classes are FREE of charge.)
Our Health Promotion staff offer a unique set of Employee Wellness services and resources to local businesses and organizations. Contact the Health Promotion staff at 641-421-9312 to learn how they can assist you in Worksite Wellness programming, or explore the many tools below.
Click Here! for a brochure of all of our Worksite Wellness Services!
- Starting an Employee Wellness Program
- Resources for Employee Wellness Programs
- Healthy Team Challenges: Wellness programs that provide team and individual competition are excellent motivators to initiate and sustain healthy employee behaviors.
- Awareness posters are effective and inexpensive ways to educate your employees on important health issues.
- A collection of active and eating smart tools for building your worksite wellness program.
- Screening and Education Services for Employee Wellness Program:
- Biometric Screenings
- $30 Biometric Health Screening (Lipid panel, blood sugar, blood pressure)
- On-site service; Instant results; Client education
- Fitness & Nutrition Coaching
- $30 Fitness Assessment (Cardio, strength, Body Composition Testing)
- Exercise planning sessions: $30/session
- Nutrition Consultation: $25-40/session
- Health Education Classes on:
- Food safety
- Tobacco Cessation
- Chronic Diseases (Heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
- Environmental health safety
- and much more!
- Quarterly Wellness Newsletter
- Tobacco Free Worksites
Want to quit smoking? We are here to help!
There is no one perfect method to quit smoking. Each person is different. That is why it is important to formulate a quit plan the includes a variety of cessation methods that will work for you. One of the most important components to this quit plan is receiving cessation counseling from a health care provider or trained counselor.Our department facilitates the Freedom From Smoking program created by the American Lung Association. The program takes you through several lessons first, ensuring that solid information about preparing to quit is given before your committed Quit Day. One key component of this clinic is that is does NOT begin with quitting. Learn how to overcome your tobacco addiction so you can enjoy the benefits of better health, extra money, and healthier relationships.
- Is this program for you?
- Is quitting a priority for you?
- Have you tried to quit before?
- Do you think smoking is bad for your health?
- Do you have other personal reasons for wanting to quit?
- Are you ready to try to quit even though it may be tough?
- If you said “YES” to one or more of the questions, you could benefit from Freedom From Smoking!
- Clinics discuss:
- Medicines that can help you stop smoking
- Lifestyle changes that make quitting easier
- Preparing for Quit Day
- Managing stress
- Avoiding weight gain
- Developing a new self-image
- How to stay smoke-free for good!
- Freedom From Smoking really works! This program:
- Helps smokers address the physical, mental and social aspects of their addiction
- Ranked the most effective smoking cessation program in a study conducted by Fordham University Graduate School of Business
- People who use the program are six times more likely to be smokefree one year later than those who quit on their own
- Up to 60% of participants report having quit by the end of the program when used in combination with smoking cessation medications