Youth Tobacco Prevention
Is you Child Care Center or Home Nicotine-Free?
Caring for Our Children National Health and Safety Performance Standard Guidelines (CFOC) recommend implementing a comprehensive tobacco and nicotine-free policy. This policy prohibits the use of all tobacco products, electornic smoking devices and other nicotine products no approved by the FDA for cessation. It applies at all times and covers the entire child care property. It applies to staff, visitors, business vehicles, and addresses enforcement. A comprehensive policy goes above DHS guidelines and Iowa’s Smoke Free Air Act.
How do I implement a policy?
– Connect with your local Community Partnership for help! Call Penny McCaslin at 641-421-9329 or email@example.com.
– Develop a clear, comprehensive policy.
– Take advantage of FREE teaching assistance.
– Use this IDPH approved policy available at https://idph.iowa.gov/hcci/products
– Set a date for when the policy will go into effect.
– Notify staff, parents, and caregivers of the new or updated policy.
– Post appropriate signs to help with enforcement.
– Find out if you qualify for FREE signage!
– Enforce the policy at all times and determine steps to address violations.
Who Can Help?
Resources are available to simplify the process for you whether you are a preschool, child care facility, or home. Join the growing list of providers that have committed to providing a tobacco and nicotine-free environment. For more information, on how you can implement or update your current policy, contact the Cerro Gordo County Department of Public Health at 641-421-9300.
For more information contact Penny at 641-421-9329 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnership for a Tobacco Free Cerro Gordo County
The Partnership for a Tobacco Free Cerro Gordo County is a unique partnership of community members, organizations, school officials, law enforcement and youth who work to promote activities that discourage tobacco use, while supporting tobacco-free environments. The Community Partnership grant is funded by Iowa Department of Public Health.
The Partnership for a Tobacco Free Cerro Gordo County’s mission is to…
Click Here! to view our strategic plan.
Partnership members consist of:
If you are interested in joining the Partnership for a Tobacco Free Cerro Gordo County, please contact Penny at 641-421-9329 or email@example.com
Partnership for a Tobacco Free Cerro Gordo County Meeting Minutes